Friday 1 April 2011

Aliwan Fiesta --- Feel the beat!



Aliwan'09
..an annual gathering of Philippine fiestas' staple --- street dancing! Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao are represented by colorful, pulsating street dances that leaves one in awe. If you want to see a glimpse of how various provinces celebrate their fiestas, this is the place to be. 


I witnessed my first Aliwan Fiesta in 2009. Sadly, never had the time to watched again after that. Aliwan Fiesta 2011 will be on April 14-16, 2011---hopefully, I will have the chance to shoot and be mesmerized once again by the spectacle that it is!
--------------------------------


April 25, 2009
Saturday





Decided last minute to spend my free day with my daughter and to shoot Aliwan.

By 3pm, there were a lot of photographers around Aliw Theater taking photos of the many beautiful and creative floats. I decided to join the fray. Whew! what a hot, hot day!...after seeking refuge in a cool restaurant around the area and taking a cool drink, I proceeded to the photographers area to await
the start of the show.




Was not lucky enough to get a "front seat" so contented myself to taking shots between the 
shoulders of the two guys in front of me for the first 3 contingents. After the Dinagyang group, the guy in front of me left and so I moved up front. But with the men squeezing in, I can't hardly move. Stayed only until 6pm as I felt that it might rain anytime.










Aliwan Fiesta is a wonderful way to promote our regional fiestas. If only the Sinulog and Ati-Atihan group were there( or maybe they were there but I missed them because I left early)..it would have been a tourism "tour-de-force". The floats were all gaily decorated by the region's respective products. Very creative I tell you...and the street dances were impressive..colorful, lively, fun and... makes you dance to the beat.




Feel the beat!





P.s. Because I left early, was not able to take photos of the winners. For the list of winners, click on: www.aliwanfiesta.com.ph







2 comments:

  1. gusto ko tlga 'to panuorin.. sana wala na lang OJT. tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawss :( Either you ask for a change of sked or better luck next year. Anyways, this is an annual thing naman. :)

    ReplyDelete